It is no secret that not everyone enjoys trips to the dentist. In fact, some people have a real fear or phobia of receiving dental care. At Aesthetic & Implant Dentistry of Atlanta, we strive to make every patient feel as comfortable as possible, but we still have patients that do not see us as often as they should. There are some very valid reasons for routine dental visits, and many can be beneficial to your life. Here are 12 ways regular dental care may improve your appearance, health and overall quality of life.
- 1. Prevent Tooth Decay
- From the time you get your first tooth at a few months old, bacteria are working to eat away at your teeth. Tooth decay can ruin the enamel and tooth structure, and it may lead to serious tooth infections. Routine dental visits can catch tooth decay before it causes too much damage to the tooth, protecting your smile.
- 2. Gum Health
- The gun tissue is a vital part of your oral health. The gums support the teeth and need routine care to keep them healthy. Routine dental cleanings at least twice a year can brighten your smile, but are an important aspect of protecting gum health. When combined with daily oral hygiene, professional teeth cleanings can help prevent periodontal or gum disease, the leading cause of tooth loss.
- 3. Whiter Smile
- Routine dental cleanings are not only great for preventing gum disease, but they can also give you a whiter smile. The cleaning process can remove some stains and discoloration from your teeth to make your smile brighter. For even whiter teeth, you can opt for professional teeth whitening services from your dentist to bleach the color of your teeth several shades. At Aesthetic & Implant Dentistry of Atlanta, we offer in-office whitening with ZOOM! which can restore whiter teeth in less than an hour.
- 4. Avoid Serious Infections
- Tooth infections and abscesses occur when bacteria reach the internal and live areas of a tooth. Not only are tooth infections painful, but they can put your health at risk. Oral infections can spread to other areas of the body. In severe cases, an infected tooth could cause sepsis. Regular visits to your dentist can catch decay and tooth damage that can lead to a painful, infected tooth. If a tooth is already infected, we offer root canal therapy at our dental center in Atlanta, GA.
- 5. Better Breath
- Did you know that halitosis, or chronic bad breath, is often caused by dental problems? Tooth decay, tartar, gum disease and other oral health issues are the main sources of bad breath. Even brushing, mouthwash, mints and gum cannot hide bad breath caused by poor oral health. Regular checkups, cleanings and dental treatments can remove the bacteria that cause embarrassing bad breath.
- 6. Reduced Cardiovascular Risks
- Those with periodontal disease, which affects an estimated 50% of adults over 30, have a higher risk of stroke and other cardiovascular problems. Routine dental visits and cleanings can help prevent gum disease and lower risks of cardiovascular disease. In many cases, gum disease can be reversed in the early stages with periodontal treatments.
- 7. Better Digestion
- The first part of the digestive system is inside the mouth. Chewing your food thoroughly begins the breakdown of your food and puts less stress on your esophagus, stomach and intestinal system during the digestive process. When you have healthy teeth, you can eat the fibrous and chewy foods that are good for your digestive and overall health. Regular dental visits can protect your teeth for improved digestion and nutrient absorption.
- 8. Retain Your Facial Structure
- Bone and tissue create the contours and angles of your face. The teeth and jawbone support the tissues of your lower face and play a significant role in your appearance. If teeth are lost, it can result in deterioration of the jawbone. The lower face can appear sunken, creating an older appearance. Retaining your teeth and bone density in your jaw can improve your facial structure. Even if you lose teeth, dental implants can provide similar bone stimulation as natural teeth to retain your facial structure.
- 9. Proper Speech
- Teeth are crucial for making certain sounds and proper speech. When front teeth are lost, it can change the way you speak. Lisps and irregular sounds are common when individuals lose their teeth. Regular visits to your dentist can prevent tooth loss that can affect your speech. If you already have lost teeth that are impacting your speech, there are many different options for restoring lost teeth and improving your speech. Some restorative dentistry options we offer at Aesthetic & Implant Dentistry of Atlanta include:
- Partial dentures
- Dental bridges
- Complete dentures
- Single dental implants
- Implant-supported dentures
- All-on-4 dental implants
- 10. Maintain a More Youthful Appearance
- When your teeth are dull or you have missing teeth, it can create an older appearance. When you visit your dental team routinely, you can maintain your teeth for a more youthful smile and face. Our dental professionals can help you keep or replace your natural teeth to support your facial structure. We also offer cosmetic dentistry to rejuvenate the appearance of your smile, including porcelain veneers, teeth whitening and cosmetic dental bonding.
- 11. Prevent Tooth Loss
- The majority of people over the age of 50 have lost at least one tooth – many people lose all their teeth by the time they reach 60 years of age. Regular dental care combined with good personal oral hygiene can prevent most types of tooth loss. Our dental team recommends preventive dental care at least twice a year to keep your teeth and gums healthy. We can also replace lost teeth if needed with a wide variety of restorative options, giving you back your complete smile.
- 12. Improve Your Overall Health
- Oral and overall health are intricately linked. Your oral health can impact your digestive, cardiovascular and other systems in the body. Caring for your teeth can make a major impact on your mental and physical health, which is why it should be a top priority in your wellness routine. At Aesthetic & Implant Dentistry of Atlanta, we accept most dental insurance plans and financing is available to make sure your dental care is affordable.
Comfortable, Convenient Dental Care in Atlanta
At Aesthetic & Implant Dentistry of Atlanta, we are here to make it easier to get the dental care you need to improve your appearance, health and overall quality of life. Our dental professionals can provide same-day dentistry for emergencies, as well as preventive dental care. We have flexible scheduling for your convenience. If you are uncomfortable or fearful when visiting a dentist, we have sedation options that can provide the relaxation you need during your visits.
Keep your smile healthy and looking fabulous for a better quality of life. If you are looking for a quality dental center in the Atlanta area that offers general, cosmetic, restorative and orthodontic dentistry, come see us at Aesthetic & Implant Dentistry of Atlanta. We welcome new patients and have a comprehensive list of dental services for our patients of all ages. Call us today to schedule your first visit and begin enjoying better oral and overall health.