At Aesthetic & Implant Dentistry of Atlanta, we love performing smile makeovers for our patients. We have extraordinary prosthodontists that can improve even the most severe aesthetic tooth problems. Some cosmetic dental procedures take time, while others can be performed in as little as one visit. What if you have a big event this weekend or an important interview coming up and want to quickly improve your smile? There are some same-day cosmetic treatments that can give your smile and your confidence a boost, while others may require a few visits to achieve the desired results.
Same-Day Cosmetic Dentistry
There are times when you need a quick fix for your smile. If you are having photos taken, attending a wedding, visiting friends or going to a reunion, you want to look your best. A beautiful smile is one of the first features people notice about you, which is why cosmetic dentistry is such a popular service. If you need a fast improvement on your smile, we have a few same-day cosmetic services that may fix your smile flaws.
One-Hour Teeth Whitening
When you have a class reunion coming up or an important first date, teeth whitening can be a fast and affordable option to improve your smile. Teeth become discolored over time from the foods and beverages you consume or from smoking or chewing tobacco. Aging alone can dull the enamel of the teeth and result in darker-colored teeth. A whitening treatment can give your teeth a healthier, more attractive and youthful appearance.
Aesthetic & Implant Dentistry of Atlanta offers ZOOM! teeth whitening to quickly bleach your teeth several shades. The treatment only takes about an hour, and you can enjoy a brighter, whiter smile for your upcoming party, date, interview, wedding or other special event. It is a much faster way to bleach your teeth and our dental team will ensure your procedure is completed safely at our office.
Cosmetic Dental Bonding
While dental veneers are a wonderful option for hiding cosmetic dental flaws, they cannot always be achieved the same day. Cosmetic dental bonding is a wonderful option if you have minor aesthetic concerns you want hidden quickly. This procedure uses tooth-colored composite resin to cover stains that cannot be removed or to slightly change the shape of a tooth. The procedure can close small gaps, repairs chipped teeth and produce a more attractive smile in a quick office visit.
Dental bonding is not painful, and it can be completed in a convenient one-visit procedure. The composite resin is easily applied to the tooth once it is prepared with etching. Once the resin is in the desired shape, it can be cured with a special light, then polished by one of our dental team. Most cosmetic dental bonding lasts up to 10 years, sometimes longer, when no excessive force is placed on the bonded material.
Another same-day cosmetic dental service we offer at our office in Atlanta is enamel contouring. Our expert prosthodontists can reshape teeth that are too long, pointy, uneven or irregular in shape to create a beautiful smile in one visit. Our cosmetic dentists can use precision tools to improve the shape of your teeth to create an even, balanced appearance to your smile.
Enamel contouring is a cosmetic procedure, but it can have other benefits. Changing the shape of your teeth can help with some minor alignment issues – in some cases, it may reduce the needs for orthodontic treatment. The procedure may also make it easier to keep your teeth clean from tartar, reducing your risk for gum disease.
Advanced Smile Makeover Procedures
When you need more than whitening or a few minor alterations to improve your smile, it may require more than one visit to our office. The good news is that even more challenging smile makeovers often only take 2-3 visits. Our cosmetic dentistry experts utilize the latest dental technology to create an effective smile makeover plan to achieve the desired results. The following are some of the treatments that may be recommended.
- Porcelain Inlays and Onlays
- A smile makeover may include repairing some broken, damaged or decayed teeth. If you have a tooth that needs decay removed that is too large for a filling, inlays or onlays can be a more valuable treatment than a dental crown. Our prosthodontist can remove only the portion of damaged tooth material and create a porcelain inlay or onlay to replace the missing material. This can restore the tooth’s appearance and function without removing all the enamel, as is needed with a crown.
- Porcelain Dental Crowns
- Our cosmetic dental team uses dental crowns for a variety of procedures that can improve your smile’s appearance and function. A porcelain crown can be fitted over a damaged tooth to protect it from further structure problems. We also use crowns for dental implant tooth replacements, dental bridges and smile makeovers, color-matching the porcelain to look like a natural tooth.
- Porcelain dental crowns, inlays and onlays will usually take two appointments to complete. The first visit will involve preparing the tooth and creating impressions to make the temporary and porcelain restorations. Our dental team will attach the temporary crown, inlays or onlay to protect your tooth until the permanent restoration comes back from the dental lab. Once we receive your restoration, you will have your second appointment to complete the procedure.
- Porcelain Dental Veneers
- One of best cosmetic solutions for dental flaws and a complete smile makeover is dental veneers. Our cosmetic dental veneers are made from porcelain and designed to create your perfect smile. Veneers are made to hide all types of cosmetic concerns, from gaps and overlapped teeth to dark discolorations and uneven teeth. Whether you get one, two or a full front smile of dental veneers, our technology can be used to ensure they will perfectly fit your smile.
- Porcelain veneers require a thin layer of enamel be removed from the tooth to make space for the veneer. Veneers are designed to create the illusion of a perfectly-shaped tooth, shaped from an ultra-thin shell of porcelain. Once the enamel is removed, our dental team will take impressions of the tooth or teeth to send to the dental lab. Temporary veneers are made to protect the teeth until the new porcelain shells arrive.
- Once the dental lab delivers your porcelain dental veneers, you will have a second appointment for the application. The temporary veneers are removed, and the porcelain shells are bonded to your teeth. You can expect your porcelain veneers to last up to 10-15 years if you follow the recommended guidelines. You will walk out with your new smile that looks exactly the way you desired after only two appointments.
If you want a smile makeover that will last or a quick smile update in a day, come see us at Aesthetic & Implant Dentistry of Atlanta. We have highly qualified prosthodontists that can perform complex smile makeovers and advanced cosmetic treatments to improve your smile’s appearance. Call our office today to schedule your cosmetic dental consultation or treatment. When possible, we offer same-day appointments for our new and existing patients. Ask about our affordable financing options for your smile makeover procedures.